A women that received CPR for a total of 53 minutes from an automated CPR device has survived the ordeal and lives to tell her story. Vanessa Tanasio, of Narre Warren, who suffered a heart attack at her home, was rushed to hospital where she suffered a full cardiac arrest. Doctors used a defibrillator and … Continue reading
A great story for Friday. Paramedics have successfully revived a 13-year-old fox terrier performing CPR techniques they use for humans. Responding to a house fire in Cessnock, paramedics found the dog unconscious and not breathing. They performed CPR on the pooch and drove it to the nearest vet. From all reports the K-9 is making … Continue reading
Ranger Mick from the Australian Reptile Park demonstrates how to catch and send in the Australian funnel web spider so the park can create life-saving antivenom. The park is the only facility in Australia to milk the funnel-web spiders for venom, which is then turned into antivenene by the Commonwealth Serum Laboratories in Victoria. Read … Continue reading
Here is a video of a nasty cycling pile up, from the Tour of Gippsland, highlighting why it’s always important to ensure your safety, when you go to provide First Aid.
It’s the type of shocking customer service you really want. A personal trainer has put in to practice, the skills he learnt at a recent First Aid course and heroically saved the life of one of his clients, reports the Illawarra Mercury. Travis Roche, of Corrimal, rushed to the aid of a client after he … Continue reading