The Provide Advanced First Aid course (HLTAID006) is the Nationally Recognised (AQF) and WorkCover Approved First Aid course to provide participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide an advanced first aid response to a range of emergency situations and common illnesses and injuries.
This is a group course only – no public courses are available for individuals.
- Unit of Competency- HLTAID006 – Provide Advanced First Aid
- Supersedes HLTFA412A – Apply advanced first aid
- Qualification is valid for three years from date of issue
Initial Certification (Full Course) – $210 per person
Recertification (Update/Refresher) – $210 per person
Additional fees may apply where you require an offsite venue.
This course is delivered only to group bookings with a minimum attendance or charge of 5 participants.
1 Day Course – for those that hold a Provide First Aid certificate (HLTAID003) completed within the last 12 months from the course date.
2 Day Course – for those that don’t hold a Provide First Aid certificate (HLTAID003) completed within the last 12 months from the course date.
- Participants must be 16 years or older.
- A Provide First Aid certificate completed within the last 12 months from the course date to apply for the 1 day course option
Course materials Provided:
- First Aid Manual
- Information sheets
- Resources for practical training
- Electronic Statement of Attainment (certificate)
- First Aid Principles
- Infection Control & Hygiene
- Legal Aspects of First Aid
- Incident approach and management
- Patient assessment
- Basic Life Support
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- CPR pocket mask and shield use
- Bag-valve-mask ventilation
- Bleeding Control
- Crush Injuries
- Needle Stick Injuries
- Ear & Eye injuries
- Abdominal Injuries
- Burns and Scalds
- Head, Neck & Spinal injuries
- Fractures, Dislocations & Soft Tissue Injuries
- Medical conditions – asthma, diabetes, epilepsy & seizures
- Allergic reactions & Anaphylaxis
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Heat and cold emergencies (hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke)
- Cardiac Conditions
- Poisoning & Envenomation
- Emergency childbirth
- Substance misuse, including common drugs and alcohol, including illicit drugs
The Provide Advanced First Aid course includes an online pre-course learning module and a theoretical and practical assessment component at the course. Theory assessment includes the completion of a multiple choice theory paper.
Practical Assessment includes formal assessment of practical skills including resuscitation skills. Please note all participants must be able to complete two scenarios where they are required to perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor with correct technique to be marked as competent.
On successful completion of this First Aid course, participants will be awarded the nationally accredited statement of attainment – Provide Advanced First Aid HLTAID006.