The HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation course is a Nationally Recognised and SafeWork NSW approved CPR course that equips participants with the knowledge and skills to provide Basic Life Support including Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Defibrillation.
- Public courses:
Group bookings also available for:
- Hastings – Lauriton, Bonny Hills, Lake Cathie, Wauchope
- MidCoast – Forster & Tuncurry, Wingham, Harrington
- Port Stephens – Nelsons Bay, Lemon Tree Passage, Medowie, Anna Bay, Shoal Bay
- Unit of Competency – Provide CPR HLTAID009 – Health Training Package
- This course had the previous unit of competency code HLTAID001, HLTCPR211A, HLTCPR201A and HLTCPR201B
- The Workplace Code of Practise recommends an annual update for this course
- This course is also known as CPR Certificate and CPR Course
Initial Certification (Full Course) – $65 per person
Recertification – (Update/Refresher Course) $65 per person
Participants complete theory learning and assessment online prior to the course (approximate duration 0.25 – 1hr – dependant on individual’s prior knowledge) and then attend a one hour face to face session to complete their practical skills and assessments.
Face to Face Format (group bookings only)
Participants to attend a 2.5 hours of face to face training which comprises of theory and practical training with assessment.
- Participants must be 16 years or older
- Participants under 18 years of age attending public courses at licensed clubs must be accompanied by an parent or guardian (aged over 18 years) that is also enrolled in the course.
Course materials Provided:
- Online learning facility
- Basic Life Support Manual
- Information sheets
- Resources for practical training
- Electronic Statement of Attainment (certificate)
- First Aid Principles
- Infection Control & Hygiene
- Legal Aspects of First Aid
- Incident approach and management
- Patient assessment
- Basic Life Support
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
This provide CPR course includes both a theoretical and practical component. The theory assessment includes the completion of a multiple choice theory exam.
The practical assessment includes formal assessment of practical skills including resuscitation skills. Please note all participants must be able to perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on both an infant resuscitation manikin and an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor with correct technique, to be marked as competent.
On successful completion of this First Aid course, students will be awarded the nationally accredited Statement of Attainment – HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation through our partner RTO – Healthcorp – RTO ID 91222.