The HLTAID011 – Provide first aid course is the industry standard, Nationally Recognised (AQF) and SafeWork NSW approved First Aid course for both the general public and workplaces that require first aid trained staff.
In the Provide First Aid course, participants learn how to manage emergency situations and provide care for patients with common illnesses and injuries.
Group bookings also available for:
- Hastings – Lauriton, Bonny Hills, Lake Cathie, Wauchope
- MidCoast – Forster & Tuncurry, Wingham, Harrington
- Port Stephens – Nelsons Bay, Lemon Tree Passage, Medowie, Anna Bay, Shoal Bay
- Unit of Competency- HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid including HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID010- Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
- Previously this course had the unit of competency code HLTAID003, HLTFA311A, HLTFA301C and HLTFA301B
- Qualification is valid for three years from date of issue
- This course is commonly/previously known as Apply First Aid, Senior First Aid, Senior 1st Aid, Work Place First Aid Level 2 and even St Johns First Aid (we won’t hold it against you!)
Initial Certification (Full Course) – $130 per person
Recertification (Update/Refresher) – $130 per person
Participants complete theory learning and assessment online prior to the course (approximate duration 0.5 – 4hr – dependant on individual’s prior knowledge) and then attend a two hour face to face session to complete their practical skills and assessments.
Face to Face Format (group bookings only)
Participants to attend a 6-7 hours of face to face training which comprises of theory and practical training with assessment.
- Participants must be 16 years or older.
- Participants under 18 years of age attending public courses at licensed clubs must be accompanied by an parent or guardian (aged over 18 years) that is also enrolled in the course.
Course materials Provided:
- Online learning facility
- First Aid Manual
- Information sheets
- Resources for practical training
- Electronic Statement of Attainment (certificate)
- First Aid Principles
- Infection Control & Hygiene
- Legal Aspects of First Aid
- Incident approach and management
- Patient assessment
- Basic Life Support
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Automated External Defibrillation (AED)
- CPR pocket mask and shield use
- Bleeding Control
- Crush Injuries
- Needle Stick Injuries
- Ear & Eye injuries
- Abdominal Injuries
- Burns and Scalds
- Head, Neck & Spinal injuries
- Fractures, Dislocations & Soft Tissue Injuries
- Medical conditions – asthma, diabetes, epilepsy & seizures
- Allergic reactions & Anaphylaxis
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Heat and cold emergencies (hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke)
- Cardiac Conditions
- Poisoning & Envenomation
The Provide First Aid course includes both a theoretical and practical assessment component. Theory assessment includes the completion of a multiple choice exam.
Practical Assessment includes formal assessment of practical skills including resuscitation skills. Please note all participants must be able to perform at least two minutes of uninterrupted CPR on both an infant resuscitation manikin and an adult resuscitation manikin placed on the floor with correct technique, to be marked as competent.
On successful completion of this First Aid course, participants will be awarded the nationally accredited statement of attainment HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid including HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and HLTAID010 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support, through our partner RTO – Healthcorp – RTO ID 91222.