Food Allergy Awareness Week is an initiative of Allergy & Anaphylaxis Australia. The week helps them to promote and develop through education, research and ongoing support, the awareness
In the last decade severe food-induced allergic reactions (anaphylaxis) in Australia have dramatically increased. There is no cure and currently no one understands why allergies are increasing at such an alarming rate.
- Encourage your local school/club/workplace to have everyone paint their nails during Food Allergy Week and donate a gold coin
- Host a fingernail painting fundraising event such as a morning tea at home or work
- Check your understanding – Do a quick food allergy quiz
- Do the free anaphylaxis community e-training
- to improve your first aid knowledge of anaphylaxis
- Check out the free resources available on foodallergyaware.com.au, including a free recipe for egg and dairy free cupcakes – perfect for your morning tea!
- Join in discussions online at www.facebook.com/AnaphylaxisAustralia